We Close Sites!
AST has nearly a decade’s experience with the development and implementation of in-situ remedial approaches using Trap & Treat® as well as other injectates including chemical oxidizers, aerobic and anaerobic bioremediation solutions and chemical reduction products. AST has met cleanup goals on >90% of the sites we have injected Trap & Treat®!
Keys for Successful Remediation using the In-Situ Injection Technology:
- The Right Product
- The Right Remedial Approach
- The Right Implementation
The Right Product – Trap & Treat® Developed by Remediation Products, Inc.
- BOS 100® and BOS 200®
- Provides Immediate Mass Reduction
- Provides Immediate Plume Control
- Work in a variety of soil and groundwater conditions
- Applicable to a variety of contaminants
- Non-toxic and have no impact on soil properties or groundwater quality
- Reasonably cost-effective, at least in comparison to existing remedies.
- A passive system, easily installed
BOS 100® and are products developed to remediate chlorinated compounds such as PCE, TCE, DCE and VC. BOS 200® was developed to remediate petroleum hydrocarbons including gasoline and diesel range organics and other hydrocarbons. There are two primary treatment mechanisms take place with Trap & Treat®.
The first mechanism is The “Trap”: BOS 100® and BOS 200® use activated carbon to absorb contaminants of concern (COCs). The second mechanism is The “Treat”; the presence of a treatment mechanism installed with the activated is crucial in ensuring contaminants are destroyed and the carbon surface is continually regenerated for continued adsorption of additional contaminant load with time. Each Product is designed with a unique treatment mechanism to mitigate the COCs present:
- BOS 100® uses granular activated carbon impregnated with metallic elemental iron to destroy COCs via Chemical Reduction.
- BOS 200® uses powdered activated carbon blended with Terminal Electron Acceptors (nitrate, ammonia and sulfate) and nutrients (phosphorus and nitrogen), this dry mixture is then inoculated with a facultative blend of aerobic and anaerobic microbes which then provide COC destruction via Biodegradation.
The Right Remedial Approach – Focus on Minimizing Cost and Achieving Remedial Goals in a Timely Manner
- Perform a detailed Site Evaluation to develop an accurate Conceptual Site Model (CSM) – This is critical to success
- Development of a Comprehensive Remedial Design – Injection point layouts and injectate loadings on a mass/unit volume basis (lbs/ft3)
- Pricing for Complete Remediation
- Performance Based Pricing Upon Request
The Right Implementation
- Right Personnel – AST’s Staff includes: Engineers, Geologists, Soil Scientists, Environmental Scientists, Drillers, Environmental Technicians, and Site Managers
- Commitment Matters – AST has invested in the right equipment and make continual improvements to our injection equipment
- Use of effective injection technique: top down installation in clays and silty clays to eliminate short circuiting and product distribution during installation
- Our treatment systems, specifically the injection pumps, have been designed and built to perform in any geologic setting while maintaining the same production rates of up to 70 gpm and up to 1,200 psig. The advantages of these systems include:
- Ability to create separations in silts and clays
- Ability to induce radial mixing and turbulent flow in sandy soils
- Ability to maintain high daily production rates
- Materials of construction provide the versatility to inject a wide range of reagents
- Ability to pump highly viscous slurries and injectates
- AST has three Geoprobe® direct push rigs including two 7822DT’s and one 54LT
- Safety Matters – Maintain excellent safety records